The HVA94 cable tester by b2hv is a portable 0.1 Hz VLF cable test system for the testing of medium and high voltage cables.
With its weight of 128 kg the hipot tester provides an excellent power-to-weight-ratio.
The powerful output is capable of driving capacitive loads of up to 10 μF.
Maximum output voltage cables with a length of up to 50 km can be tested.
- Sinusoidal: 0 – 94 kV peak, 0 – 66 kV rms
- DC: ± 0 – 90 kV
- Square wave: 90 kV
The HVA94 cable tester offers various operating modes:
- Cable testing
- Cable sheath / jacket testing
- Sheath fault location
- Cable fault conditioning (burning)
- Vacuum bottle test
The following features make the high voltage HVA94 cable tester the outstanding cable test system of its class:
- Predefined standard-compliant cable test sequences
- Symmetrical sine wave high voltage
- RMS measurement of output voltage and current
- Measurement of capacitive and resistive load
- Automatic and load dependent frequency selection (0.01 Hz – 0.1 Hz)
- Display of current test time
- Integrated real-time scope function
- Self-explanatory, multilingual software
- Automatic measurement reporting
- Report storage via RS232 (USB optional)
- PC software (HVA Control Center) for data analysis and storage
- Flashover detection and ultra-fast switch off
- Flashover voltage measurement
- Time optimized burning mode
- No regular maintenance required
The fully comprehensive safety features of the high voltage cable tester guarantees protection for operator and test instrument:
- Short circuit protected output
- 12 kV feedback protection